Saturday, March 01, 2008

This stuff in the back of my mind

  • Lately I have been wanting to get a new laptop. Nothing crazy, just something for basic office and web applications. I basically need a light weight mobile office and a way to use my free time more efficiently.

I obviously enjoy the web and much of what it offers. I also enjoy the coffee shop and much of what it offers. I also have lots of commute time that I could be using more practically. I often wish I had internet capabilities while at gigs or races.

I don't need a lot of power for audio applications. I have a production machine that I built from the ground up. It has all the power I need.

The other day I was dreaming of a small laptop that could run on the minimum requirements. I want it to be small, light, and inexpensive. The next day I interrupted a friends very important business meeting to admire his little computer. He gave me the whole sales pitch. It was exactly what I wanted. I plan to purchase this thing soon........

  • I was picking out a DVD for todays workout. I thought a comedy would be good. Last week I watched Capote. Fine film, but it sucked on the trainer. So today I wanted upbeat and funny.

I don't know what compelled me, but I saw a Chris Rock and Bernie Mack film called Head of State. I didn't think twice. I grabbed it and headed for the check out.

That is when it hit me. The timing of this selection was very inappropriate. This movie was a comedy about a black man becoming president. I made light of this with the clerk and went home to start my brick. The movie was hysterical.......

  • I had two gigs this past week.
Last night was a benefit for St Paul's community outreach in the Detroit shoreway neighborhood. The event was a huge success. The room sounded so perfect.
Thursday I was at Dewey's. I got a ride to the gig from the pizza guy. The show and turnout was nice. I am now booked from August thru December at this venue.
The CD is selling well and receiving nice praise. I have been invited to appear on the local NPR lunch show. I hope to report back on this soon.....

  • Next Saturday is the Shamrock 15k........

4 comments:

B Bop said...

I was thinking about the Shamrock race, but am going to do the indoor tri instead.

I've listened to many great artists talk about life and art on Around Noon. Congrats.

Jen said...

Those laptops are adorable!!! (I know that's why want one, right? Because they're so cute?) Congratulations on the CD & live gigs being received so well - that's great news.

I can't wait to see what happens in Ohio on Tuesday
:-)

tracie said...

congrats Charlie!!! i'm so happy that your work is being received so well!!

keep us updated on all your gigs :)

triguyjt said...

career seems to be zooming along... cool.
glad the gigs are going well.

laptop... i have an acer..very much a middle to low end..but works for all i use it...
email-web... i don't use video game applications...