Thursday, March 20, 2008

I am surrounded by surreality every moment

I have a great opportunity.I can live near an amazing park for cycling and running. I can live near an independent natural food market. I can live with my best friends. I can save $150 a month in rent while building equity in the house. But, I am not sure it is what I want to do.

I love my neighborhood and my little apt. I walk out the door and the park bench smiles. The street signs are kaleidoscopes. I am surrounded by surreality every moment. If I must drink, I am able to do it within walking distance. I like my solitude. My cafe is close. The video store is closer. The city pool is over a hill. I am surrounded by parks and culture. My parents are within 2 miles. Coventry is my home.

I am sure I am making Zac and Nichole crazy with my indecision. I was not really giving it to much thought until Sunday when I saw it for the first time. I can't say I left the place feeling as though it was where I would spend my days. I usually get a strong gut reaction about these things. It didn't happen.

The woman in the coffee shop said I already knew what I was going to do. The part that sucks is that Zac and Nichole really want me to make the move. I don't want to let them down.

2 comments:

tracie said...

charlie:

it is so hard to balance what is right for you and what is good for others.

i'm someone who is very intuitive and always follows my instinct/gut. i've never been able to make a decision unless i had a strong reaction one way or the other, so i totally understand where you're coming from.

you need to do what works best for you. there are always amazing chances, but just because something wonderful comes your way doesn't necessarily mean that it is the right thing for you.

zac and nichole are your friends and they will remain so regardless of your decision.

take some time, meditate, truly listen, your answer will be revealed.

good luck!

triguyjt said...

if you don't purposely look for some kinda sign as to what you do, you will still have that decision come to you in some way. i dont mean a bolt of lightening..but somehow you will know.

good luck.