Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Election Day Ice Storm

I carefully slid down Lancashire road to go cast my vote today. I wasn't able to vote until 5:30, so I was concerned about the long lines. With such an important race going on I figured the place would be swampt.
Well lucky for me, my polling station has limited parking and is in a ward with many non drivers. With Cuyahoga county being hit with an ice storm, many voters were unable to vote.
So I arrived, presented my mail, passport, voter registration, fingerprints, DNA sample, took a piss test, paid my poll tax and voted.
I really would like to thank Ken Blackwell and the Cuyahoga county board of elections for making certain our elections are run fair and honest with no chance for error.

Later I found out that they ran out of paper ballots in many wards. Good thing I got there early.

Being that the police had ordered everyone off the roads due to ice, I went home and rode my bike. I think now that the polls are closed we are allowed to come back out of our homes.

While at the bank, my teller told me that the chain that kept voters from stealing the pen was too short to reach the Obama chad.

5 comments:

E-Speed said...

I sense a little sarcasm?

I thought it was crazy at my ward. Pretty small, so I signed the book for a lady, turned to the kid next to her who gave me a yellow sheet indicating that I was a democrat who told me to "take" that to the man right next to him, who repeated "democrat?" tore up the yellow sheet and handed me my democratic ballot.

Bizarre! I assume this set up is more for wards where things are spread out? If not it seems like an awful waste of paper!

GP said...

Out in the middle of my nowhere, I was pleased to see the turn out (lots and lots of young people in this precinct) despite the weather.

I didn't have an ID hokey-pokey (just an ID with the wrong address on it) or hassle. So, I'm glad your voting was a success.

Jen said...

Man. After reading about paved & salted running trails and 60 degree weather on B Bop's blog, I was thinking Ohio might be a great place, but I kinda like my silly caucus process... Good that you were able to make it the polling station safely! Can't wait to do it all again in November, eh?

B Bop said...

What's with all the read tape you guys?? I didn't even need my ID @ the polls.

no joke.

triguyjt said...

urine sample to vote????
shoot, in my ward, all I had to do was do a retina scan ...

seriously, we had the color in the circle ballots. the edge of the ballot said, "do not tear off" so when i went to give it to the worker, he said, I could tear it off..that it was okay...
just a little minor cause for concern.
sorry about jack passing away