Saturday, March 03, 2007

Sick

This past week brought a cold into my existence. I expect it to happen around this time of year.
It was my first chance to test my immunity against the diet and increase in training.
The bug took hold about 12 hrs after my long run last week. I had gotten in a weekends worth of long distance stuff, and I had left the door wide open for a little flu bug.
Fortunately the big workouts were done. so the two off days may have given me recovery that I don't often get following big workouts. All and all my body is feeling structurally sound.

Monday I came home from work, made a veggie chili, big salad, orange and a pair. I went to bed on my sofa and watched sitcoms. They mostly sucked, however 2 and a 1/2 men seems like a good one.

Tuesday was one of those "why am I at work?" days.
It was also a "why am I MC'ing the PEACE ACTION annual meeting", night.
I was exhausted Tuesday. I just wanted to sleep.

By Wednesday I wanted to run. I did some research on running with the flu/cold.
I probably should have just rested. Instead I found information to support my desire/fear of fitness loss and headed out for a 10 minute trial run followed by 35 more minutes of an OK run.

Thursday I rode for an hour before another Peace action events planning meeting. I am the Chair of this committee so it is really hard for me to skip. (We decided to surrender to Japan) That's what liberals do, right?(notice tongue in cheek)

By Today I felt better a bit. I rode my bike to the rapid station and all the way home.
I ran a few miles, and I swam about 1600 yards. Not 100 percent. Not even 90. But I am up and training. This weekend is an easier plan than last. Hopefully I won't miss much more.

Getting sick is no fun.
Stay healthy. Eat well and rest.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Aww, yuck! I hope you're back to 100% real soon!