Tuesday, March 13, 2007

75 degrees

I went to bed feeling a little sick in my belly last night. I didn't eat well yesterday and my legs hurt. Aside from that I felt fine.
After work I stopped at the Food Co-op to get some more hemp protein powder. While I was there I got some tasty granola, some almond milk, a rice dream bar, and an oatmeal cookie. After checking out I sat in the Bus shelter and had a pigout session.
Oops.
I got home, had some granola and an orange and just started feeling bad.
I figured an easy spin would fix me up abit.
Nope.
I made a smoothie and went to bed.
I woke up still feeling bad, so I scrapped the bike commute. Cleveland has a way to go in terms of being bike friendly. With my attention compromised with sickness, I thought the first ride in was a bad idea.....Drat.

As the day went on it became clear that this day was made for training. Unfortunately I was dizzy and queasy. I was allowed to go home, but I stuck it out. made it till 4 and headed home.

Walking down Coventry from the bus stop, I felt something different. I felt something that has been absent in my life lately....I felt warm sunshine. The neighbor hood was alive. Folks were jogging, riding bikes, pushing strollers, walking slowly, and sitting on the corner(Coventry has a corner park that we call Monkey Island. On a nice day or night it can be packed).

I went up to my Apt. and instinctively changed in to my run gear. Not the stuff I talked about last month, but shorts, a tech T, no socks, a visor, and the Oakley's with the dark tint. I Pulled up some Peter Gabriel("Womens Day") and hobbled down Hampshire.
With the sunshine falling down on me, my stiffness eased. My belly mellowed and my tight hobble became a trot. 3 miles later I jogged home down Coventry waving and smiling at all of my neighbors. I am goofy like that.
I still needed more sunshine.....
Next, I rode to the pool for an easy swim, rode home, and had a beer while watching the Lebronless Cavs win by 24. ...This team is starting to heat up heading into the playoffs.
For dinner I had a big salad. And I feel fine.
Tomorrow.....No bus.....Bike to work day at AJ Rocco's.

3 comments:

JenC said...

Of course, it is raining today. Please be careful. Glad to hear you feel better! Yesterday's warmth was quite welcome.

B Bop said...

Funny how sunshine and excercise can be such good medicine sometimes.

I have been known to overdose on granola, rice milk, bars, etc. I have learned I must be careful not to overdue the simple sugars during the day or the rollercoaster ride of my blood sugar causes imbalance. fresh vegies often level me out and pull me off of queazy street.

the cavs shoot 90% from the free throw line and score 124 points without Lebron. hmmmm? must be rocket science. Indeed, they are playing some good basketball.

qcmier said...

Love all those Coventry references. All you need is some pics from Lakeview Cemetery and you'll make me homesick.