Sunday, March 25, 2007

Kickin' it on Coventry

I had a really nice weekend of training. The only problem I had was having to return to the trainer Sat. due to heavy rains. I am looking forward to long out door rides. Got a long one in while watching OSU as it blue past Memphis.

Friday Zac, Nichole, and I went to the Cafe Limbo for some tasty veggie cooking, music and beer. I had a stir fry entree' and a portabella appetizer. It was all really good. The restaurant is in an old house on Larchmere.

Today I enjoyed the sun and warmth. I rode to the pool, and got a nice run in with Dane. I had a production meeting at the Barking Spider later. We sat on the patio. I was trying out B Bops B12 suggestion with hops. "Holy Moses" by Great Lakes Brewery. Tasty unfiltered Wheat ale...I had 2....Yum.

One thing I have been wanting to do is to play hacky sack. I love this silly game.
It really helps me with flexibility and footwork.

If you don't know, hacky sack is played with a small bean filled ball(footbag). The goal is to prevent the bag from landing on the ground while not using your hands. You can play with any number of players. I prefer 2-3. No score is kept. You just play for the moment. If it hits the ground you pick it up and serve it. This can go on for hours.

When I play, I get fixed on the sac like a dog and a tennis ball. I move around a lot and play a fearless and active game. I don't like the tricks people attempt. Sort of messes with the flow of a game.

After the Cavs lost I walked to the corner and started kicking. Within seconds I was joined by 2 others. We played for an hour or so. It was fun, but I am out of practice. The easy stuff was there, but when I would go airborn I would foul every thing off and away from other players. The stuff behind my back was inconsistent and the no look stuff was all 50/50. It will come back to me soon. It's early spring.

The coffee thing is going well. 1 cup in the morning. Sleep is really easy now. I lay down, close my eyes, and wake up to the alarm refreshed.

I checked out the new Whole Foods Market this morning. My immediate reaction was:
NO BIKE RACKS!?What?
I filed a suggestion. and locked my bike to a bunch of shopping carts....hehehe.
16 ounces of Hempseed oil for $8.99. Good Deal.
Crowded, to many people, long lines.
I got my oil and left.
I will investigate again.

Anyhow, Happy Spring.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I don't think I will shop at another grocery store! I love that place. Here's a great tip- if you go at 8am on Sunday there won't be anyone there!

:-)

Jodi

Jen said...

I hope WF takes your bike rack suggestion!

Trisaratops said...

I've never been to Whole Foods...I'm spoiled and have a Trader Joe's right down the road, which I HEART.

I will be downtown for Opening Day, but not in the stadium! Heading down around 3 so I'll try to pop in to say hello! GO TRIBE!