Thursday, November 05, 2015

Going easy

This week I have been steady with the workouts. No interruptions since Iowa City. I know recovery days are important, but I do feel good and like to get out when the weather permits. Lately the weather has been amazing for fall in Northeast Ohio. My mind see's no reason to take a full day off, so yesterday I went for an easy handcycle ride....16+ miles at an easy pace.... This is starting to feel like a light workout.
My weight continues to drop, though very slowly. I am at 217 at the moment, with hopes of actually being 216. Amazingly, I am still listed as obese on the BMI chart, though I feel far from obese. I feel fit, strong and lighter than I have been in 5 years.
I checked with the local running race director to see if I could take part in the Turkey Trot. I was told that there was no special timing for me, but that I am welcome to take part. On thanksgiving, that is the goal.... I have yet to decide though if I want to drop $30 for a race with the weather so iffy in late November. Unlike running, I can't just ride through all weather. Snow and rain would make it near impossible. Even the leaves have caused problems. I slid through an intersection the other day when I applied my breaks as the front whelll went over some leaves in the road. It was like being on ice....... Ice would ruin my race........ I think I will wait for race week to make a decision.............. 

No comments: