Thursday, November 19, 2015

Flat tire and adhesives

Today I went out for a short ride in the racing chair. My overall time nothing special, but I stopped to adjust my foot rest, and to repair a flat. The flat probably also slowed me for about half a mile. I also ran into a friend just as I began climbing my big hill, so I decided to not worry much about time. I also used the spider tack for the first time and was adjusting to a new position in the chair.
Today was a taper day anyhow. My main priority was to get a feel for the new position and to try out the tacky stuff. It seemed to work well, but I could have used a little more. I also plan to put some electrical tape on the front bar and add some of the adhesive to that, so I will be able to apply more to my gloves as needed.
As for the new position, I felt good in that position and feel confident that it will allow me to get maximum propulsion during the half marathon Sunday. There was only one point, when I felt the front lift unexpectedly.
Tomorrow is an off day. No workouts at all, and Saturday will be very short.

No comments: