Sunday, August 05, 2007

Two Weeks

I am two weeks out. I am healthy. I am trained. I have my plane tickets. I will have the bike case on Thursday(Thanks to CTC Prez Andrew Joyce). The campsite is secured. All that is left is to stay healthy, pack, get on a plane, get to Sherborne.

I am very fortunate to be where I am. I know other athletes that were following the IM dream when we started but never made it this far for various reasons.

I believe in my training methods. I have been conservative and deliberate. I never missed or compromised a big session. I made changes and addressed my weaknesses as planned.

I feel strong physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.

I know what I need to do. Patience is the key to my success. I need to maintain the same methodical pace I have maintained since November. I most stay within myself.

I am ready. Now I wait...........

___________________________

Last night Cleveland Peace Action held its' Hiroshima/Nagasaki remembrance. I oversaw the event, performed, and hosted the event. The program went well tho attendance was low. At the conclusion of the event, we floated 30 or so lanterns on the lagoon as the sun set. It is very beautiful. This year a few lanterns burst into flames....Whoops.

_____________________________

I saw the Simpson's Movie....Thumbs up!

_____________________________

Yesterday I went to the Cleveland Triathlon Expo to pickup some Yankz shoe laces for my new running shoes. CTC members were a bit sparse (I expected this as many members including myself no longer feel good about the race). The few I saw stopped to talk about tri stuff as we normally do. While I was talking to one fella, I heard the voice of a young women.

"Sir?" she said.
Sir? SIR?! I thought as I looked up and realized that this women was half my age. How sobering.
"How much is the GCT entry next week?" She asked.
"I am not sure. They should have fliers here somewhere." I responded.
""What do you win?" She said.
"I don't, I just have fun and spend lots of money" I said.
I then heard a little laughter and looked further back behind her. I realized that I was standing directly in front of a seated course talk crowd waiting for someone to explain what to expect during the race. I had become the RD's warm up act.....Whoops. I left.

3 comments:

JenC said...

You are so ready! Can't wait to read about it.

Funny stuff about the Cleveland Tri expo. Sam tells me that the race was deplorable. Glad I didn't do it this year.

Jen said...

Ha, ha, funny story re: "the warm-up act." I really admire your discipline with your training. This is one of very few times in my life when I will admit that, yes, conservative is good. Sheesh, I can't believe I'm about to post that on the internet.

B Bop said...

And now our opening speaker....folk musician, triathlete, and comedian...Charlie Mosbroook. :-)

You've logged the training miles and have the mental fortitude for this IM. Now, all you have to do is follow your race plan and then report back to us about your day and post your finishers foto.