Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I leaving for the UK in a few hrs.

The time has come. I am packed and ready. We fly tomorrow.

I really started getting nervous today. This is for real.

I want to thank you all. The feed back I receive here in blog land is awesome.
The past year of my life has been great. I am glad I have been able to share it with you through this blog.
Thank you all for being a part of this dream.

Hopefully I can post back while in the UK. We will see.
I will be posting some photo's when I return home.
Thank You all.
I have a little race to go do now. Gotta go do ironman.
Charlie

18 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck, Good luck, Good luck!

Charlie said...

thanks thanks thanks

B Bop said...

More good lucks to you!! Have a great time and soak up the events of the day. Godspeed.

Brandon

JenC said...

Yay, it's finally here! Good luck and have fun!

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Safe travels and give'em bloody 'ell!

GP said...

I cannot wait to hear about your journey... the one across the Atlantic and, you know, the REALLY long and rewarding one after you get there.

All the best and have a blast!

Craig said...

Your going to have the time of your life! Best of luck! We'll all be cheering for you from here. Cheers!!!

qcmier said...

KICK SOME ARSE!!!

Jen said...

Woohoo, Charlie! Great job on the swim! Hope you're having fun on the bike right now :-) 8:18 a.m. Iowa Time.

B Bop said...

Bring it home Charlie!!!!! "Just" a half mary to go!

Craig said...

Charlie you've been knighted a Ironman British style. Huge performance with the 14:35:25 time!

Jen said...

Yayyyyy! Great race, Charlie! Can't wait to hear (read) about it! It was so much fun cheering you on as you moved up in the field with each segment of the race. You're awesome!

B Bop said...

Congrats Charlie!! There is plenty of cask conditioned ale awaiting....or perhaps some tea to celebrate!!!!!!

GP said...

I heard you had an incredible race, and I can't wait to hear about your success!

JenC said...

Charlie, you are an IRONMAN! Welcome to the club and congrats!

Tracy said...

Congratulation, IRONMAN! I couldn't be more happy for you!

Anonymous said...

congrats charlie.

jt

Matt Collister said...

Charlie, congratulations!