Sunday, August 12, 2007

GCT gig recap

I woke at 4am and headed to Mentor headlands to play music, direct parking, direct swimmers out of the water, and see many friends.

The weather was perfect. I had a lot of fun spending the day with all of my CTC friends. Standing on the beach I saw so much CTC red emerge from wet suits. It is amazing to me how many of these folks I think of as friends. Last year I was such the wallflower...or a roadflower. This year, I had amplification. I sang for a while 'bout 4 and a half hours, got tired and started forgetting words....Whoops. I moved out of the way for awards presentations.

Lots of 70.3 debuts. Lots of CTC hardware. Way to go everyone. I had a lot of fun.
__________________

The bike is packed. I saw my folks tonight. I did my laundry. One more day of work, and we are out'a here.

I am really tired now. I will post my final pre IM(unless we have net access in the UK) blog tomorrow.

3 comments:

Papa Louie said...

Have a great time in the UK Ironman.

B Bop said...

Good to see you at GCT Charlie...and thanks for all the recovery tips. I could have probably asked 1000 questions at that point.

Have a great time and best of luck at IM UK!! I can't wait to hear about your race and travels!

Janet Edwards said...

Charlie, it was nice to see you out there and awesome that you contribute in your own very special way!

Wishing you all the best at UK!