Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Somewhere over the Atlantic

A week from right now I will be in a plane somewhere over the Atlantic ocean. A year ago figured I would be getting set for a GCT 1/2 in preparation for IM MOO. One little error during online application, and my whole life has changed. I am going to Europe to do my Ironman.

After one of my last indoor swims, another athlete said to me, "England? That is a long way to go for a race."
I responded with "Anyway you look at it, Ironman is thousands of miles".

Most of those miles are behind me now.

__________________

My belly is finally right following the little bug I got on vacation. It seemed to take a full week to get out of my system, but I think it is gone. I am very aware of my body right now. Every little thing catches my full attention.

___________________

I am really excited!

5 comments:

B Bop said...

I didn't know about the IMMOO snafu, but the stamps in the passport are a bonus.

I hear you about "every little thing" catching your attention. I can only imagine the concern I'd have over these little "tinges" waiting for an IM. I too had a little bug last week...I'm blaming it on Lake water up the nose.

JenC said...

Wahoo! Good times ahead!

Craig said...

Have fun in UK! Bring a bunch of cliff bars and energy gels on your trip. There really hard to find in EU. Those will come in handy in IM and sightseeing because the brits are all about meat and potato's.

Jen said...

Meat & Potatoes... OR BEANS & TOAST. Ha, ha. Yeah, bring cliff bars ;-) No one likes sight-seeing with a beany tourist.

E-Speed said...

You're ready Charlie! You are going to do great and I hope you have a wonderful time!