Saturday, July 07, 2007

seventyseven miles on this July 7th of 07

That is if you include my 2 walks to the market.

I went for a 75 miler today followed by a 2 mile run. I headed out to Rocky River and rode to the Spring/Fall Classic turn around and back again.

The roads in Lakewood are horrible. I don't know how the cyclist out there do it. My neck is sore from the bad pavement. I don't know how many wedding parties I had to dodge. Along my route was The Art Museum, the Rock Hall, The view at Edgewater,.....You get the picture. I had my bad driver'dar on high today. I felt a bit queezy after the run. If this is my worst training day, I will consider that a victory.

While in Lakewood I rode past a Mcdonald's. The place was swarming with TV News circus wagons. It had been roped off with police tape. The windows were covered with plastic. Turns out an employee had been murdered earlier in the day...I would make the timeless Mcdonald's is bad for you jokes.
However, I feel badly for his family.

July is my big volume month. Everything is built around 4 big days a week.
Basic Idea:

Tues- Big swim
Thurs- Big run
Sat-Big bike
Mon- Big rest

I also plan to be a hermit this month. If I could relocate, I would. But I can't. If you would like to see me, let's plan a work out or come to Rocco's. Aside from that I will be here in blog land.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Well, look at you GO! 77 miles, indeed. Not even a week out from the 1/2 IM. I'm at the airport waiting for my final connecting flight... sitting here trying to plan out a swim workout for tonight. Sooooo good to be home (almost).

B Bop said...

Man, sounds like you're moving right along after that 70.3.

Enjoy the long workouts (and long rest day).