Monday, July 23, 2007

I am next in line

It is almost 5pm, and I have been online for an hour. I have NOTHING planned. No workout. no meeting. No work. No concerts or other functions....Just this and that. Whatever I want to do.....Maybe play guitar. Maybe I will go to the corner. Who knows? ........Weird.

Last weeks training was really productive. I went over the bicentennial mark in bike miles with 168 coming on Friday(43), Saturday(100), and Sunday(25). I did another 4k swim and am now feeling very comfortable with the IM swim idea. I also pushed my heart rate up during my 90 minute run thursday. I got caught in a nasty wind and rain, but just ran harder.

I have a 4200 yrd swim tomorrow, a 2.5 hr slooooow run planned for Thursday. Sunday will be race simulation day on the mountain(3.5 hr ride/90 minute run done as a brick) I am excited for this work out.
And then it is taper time......



Yesterday was spent training and following IMLP.
-I got to see Jen Collister, Nathan Burke, and Chris Phillips all become Ironman.
-I also followed as Jens husband Matt, retired from IM with his final race.
-Tim Ritt, whom I have known since fistfights in grade school, followed up his Great Floridian finish and made his M DOT tattoo official with a strong race.
-A big thrill was watching Rob Reddy and Dave Miceli race the thing. I haven't thought Kona during a qualifier since going to races with Jen and Payton 7 years ago.

Congratulations to all of you. I am glad I had a chance to be a part of your journey.

Anyhow, the next Ironman is in the UK.
I am next in line.
4 weeks to go.
I feel so ready for this.

3 comments:

Jen said...

4 weeks! I'm so excited for you :-)

qcmier said...

Wow hard to believe you are almost to IM UK. Can't wait to track you.

B Bop said...

I'm looking foreward to the final chapter of this journey. It's been great following your training to this point.....the best is yet to come.