Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Let it rain.

As my training goes into full gear, so does the summers heat.
I had such a dilema yesterday. I wanted a couple of hours to swim to and fro. I also wanted the front to deliver us from the near century point of the thermometer.
As I headed home on Old Grey, I could sense a possible storm brewing. Trouble was, thunder would negate my ability to swim. I took a shot at it and decided I would just swim till the gaurds cleared the pool. 4250 yrs late I was finished. Thats the IM swim. I think I put more effort into last years GCT swim of 1.2 miles or so.

Anyhow, I left the pool and still no storm. I had dinner, watched the All Star game and went to bed. The game was a good one. I am liking baseball alot this year. Early post IM plans include enjoying a penet race. Detroit is such a natural rivalry.

Opps, I am supposed to talk about this impending hurricane that is getting ready to blow through Cleveland. We enjoyed a lite rain this morning, but the ground is still very dry. The air temps are much more comfortable. I was able to get two quality workouts in this evening.

My confidence is high right now. I feel like I am moving at a very steady pace.I know that I can do the training ahead. The trick will be in walking the highwire and not getting injured or slipping into overtraining.

I think I can afford to register for Wisc. for '08. I will know if this is something I want to do by the time registration becomes available.

Tomorrow I have a 1:50 run planned. Temps are at least a bit cooler now. Sunday I killed two fuelbelt flasks of powerade in 45 minutes.
It was good to see a little rain today.

2 comments:

GP said...

Oh, wasn't Wednesday evening pleasant? It didn't rain by me in the evening, and it was so nice (especially after those days of suffocating heat). I actually made my way outside to run!

That's a fantastic swim. It's encouraging me to get my yardage back up after slacking for the past two months. Keep at it. And you'll be heading to Wisconsin for an Ironman next year?

B Bop said...

2 @ Rocco's works for me. Recovery week for me, and I've got plans for Sunday night, but have time for 30-45 min. swim and a loop of the bike course. If this fits in your training schedule than let's do it, but if you've got to go longer, next Sunday I'd be up for 45 min. swim and a couple loops.