Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Flooding in the UK and other pressing issues

In a Funk
I couldn't find any energy today. I am feeling a little burnt and stressed. Wednesday is a sorta wildcard day right now. No structure, just a comfortable run and a bike planned. If I am tired, I can modify the workouts in any way I want, including taking another day rest.

I have my final long run planned for tomorrow. I did a long swim yesterday and Saturdays eight hr workout still has my legs a bit sacked. Going easy today was my best plan.

I got home and checked the web for a minute or 45. strapped on my minzunos and headed out for a run that would be dictated by my mood.

Funny thing about running. Running makes me want to run. So as I ran, I enjoyed the run more with each mile. Knowing I am at the ledge facing overtraining, I held back the desire to go longer. Save it for tomorrow.

I had no desire to bike. I wanted to want to bike, I just didn't wanna do it.
So I made a deal with myself. Ride to target to pickup gels for the long run and weekend workouts. My reward(aside from having training nutrition), Whole Foods for dinner. Vegan Ginger Snaps for dessert. Yummmm. I love cookies.
__________________________
Going to the Mountain
I secured travel plans for the weekend. I had to really work to get my bike a seat in my siblings cars. I used the phrase "This weekends workout is critical to my Ironman success".
I think it made an impression.

___________________________
Flooding in the UK
For the second year in a row, my "A" race is threatened by flooding. Nothing has been said, but watching news reports out of SW UK reminds me of Katrina images. With a month to go, hopefully there will be no problems with the roads or camp site.
Last year The Greater Cleveland Triathlon was threatened by flooding. The beach was destroyed, and the race eventually changed to cope with the disaster.

3 comments:

Jen said...

My bet is that your body knows it's time to taper. When I was in England, the flooding was going on up north and the response from the government was a hell of a lot more efficient than anything in the U.S. (especially Katrina). I just heard from the relatives I visited near Gloucestor... they're having a rough time--no clean drinking water, ironically--but their house is okay. Anyway, I hope your plans won't be derailed!

B Bop said...

I don't think I'll be hitting the MMW/Scofield show....I'm running a 10K trail race in Streetsboro tomorrow morn. While on the topic the Bela Fleck show @ Cain Park is the night before GCT....figures. Here is the 4/23/88 Hartford setlist:
Disc 1 (Set 1, 45:50):
1. ...Fiddle Tune
2. Learning to Smile
3. "BoWEVO"
4. Gentle on my Mind
5. The Julia Belle Swain
6. Introductions
7. My Rag
8. In Tall Buildings
9. Fiddle Tune
10. Long Hot Summers Days
11. Annual Waltz
12. The Mississippi Queen
13. Roll In My Sweet Baby's Arms

Disc 2 (Set 2, 67:27):
1. Mississippi Valley
2. "Back On The Air"
3. Ain't It Gone Gone
4. Here I Am In Love Again
5. Good Old Electric Washing Machine
6. The Six O'Clock Train and the Girl With Green Eyes
7. Fiddle Tune
8. All In My Love For You
9. Your Tax Dollars at Work
10. Where Does An Old Time River Man Go
11. No End of Love
12. Pie On The Window Sill
13. Orange Blossom Special
14. All I Got Is Gone Away
15. Applause
16. E1: John's Old Southern Ozark Type Square Dance
17. E1: Tennessee Waltz
18. Applause

It seems this setlist is missing "Piece of my Heart????" but it's what I've got.

Anonymous said...

check your myspaceeeeeeeeeeeee