Friday, May 02, 2008

Consistency

My empathy for the Washington Wizards fan is strong. As the Cavs finished out the series, I thought of Jordan and Elway. It sucks when you think your team is pretty good and you can't get past a legend. One day they will come to appreciate the player Lebron James is. I found this peace with MJ. Elway I have not.

It was nice to see the trade pan out the way I originally envisioned. With Sasha returning, the two spot is deep. The concern for me is consistency. The Cavs continue to get that from only one.

Consistency has been a greater struggle for me this year. The cold I got last week has been hanging on. It hit like a ton of bricks and has been as annoying as the aforementioned basketball series. I think it is almost gone, but I expect to wake again with a chest and head full of gunk. I would like to spend a four hours on the bike, but if the weather sucks, it is back to the trainer. last week I totaled 9 miles on the run, while this week I will top 30. Swimming has been work. I need to swim out side. My stroke is clicking. I am getting faster, but I want to swim out side.

I have a new work schedule. 7-3 Monday through Friday. This is perfect for my summer training. I tend to do a lot of back to back sessions with 1/2 hour breaks. this gives me 6 hrs to work with. I really like the consistency. It also makes getting a workout in before a gig a lot easier. I do not like to feel rushed. My race times reflect this issue.

I am really starting to get focused on Ironman. My attention is pointed in the direction of Louisville. Every choice I am making is beginning to reflect this. I have not had a drink since opening day. And that was just a shot.....at 11am. I have also suspended actively seeking romance. I don't have time right now. I am OK with this. I am now chasing a man...IRONMAN.

Saturday is the tenth anniversary of my first marathon. I will post tomorrow on my memories of this major step in my life.

Back to consistency, Cliff Lee is one of the best sports stories going on right now.

Anyhow, time to be consistent. I have a lot on my plate. I have some things I have to do. I have big plans...

Go Cavs!

No comments: