Monday, April 28, 2008

Final long run in the books

Yesterday I woke at 6:30 to meet Katy for the Tri swimming.The day was promising with good weather to run in. Swimming included 14x50x3. It was a good workout, but not to tough. It was a small crowd as the race season has begun. We all had coffee before Rob dropped me off in Lakewood.

Zac was busy putting the finishing touches on the bus. he is in the home stretch of a very long restoration project. It is looking good. I will post photo's once he has finished. Nichole was putting togeteher a feast to be enjoyed later. I grabbed a guitar and turned on the Cavs game. They used all 48 minutes to determine the outcome, but things worked out well for the Cavs.

Following the game, Nichole and I set off for our run. Three hours was the plan, first stop: Second Sole. We had just one GU. Unfortunately they closed before 5PM so we stopped the watch and ran into the supermarket, bought some cliff bars and headed into the Rocky river rez for some running. the weather was great. I am not fully recovered from my illness so I ran tired most of the way. I think we both were having tough days, but we stuck it out and finished a 8 minutes shy of our plan.

once we got back to the house, Nichole and I devoured some watermelon and kettle chips. We sat down to the cartoons on FOX and ate this feast that had been started hours earlier. Pasta, greens, asparagus, bread. It was awesome.
I got home at 10:30 and went to bed soon after.

With three weeks till Rite Aid, we are both healthy. I have every belief that Nichole will do great in her 26.2 mile debut. I am very confident about the half. I have no predictions this year. I just want a solid race.

I have almost completely moved over to linux. I am working from it right now. I love the concept of being free from windows. I mostly love the stability of the OS.
One week till the Open mic at the coventry Phoenix starts. See you all soon.

1 comment:

triguyjt said...

even this am...about 38 degrees, but clear was great to run in...this has been an amazing stretch of weather for getting all the time in for runs...
good luck on the half. will look you up downtown may 18 if not before