Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rite Aid Cleveland Half Marathon Recap

The weather was identical to the '06 edition of this race. I rode down with my neighbors Brendon( Doing IM Lake Placid soon) and AJ (Took 13th overall in the 1/2). The rain was heavy at times, but no body seemed to concerned. Along the way we saw a few Cleveland Police and an SUV that had been riddled with bullets.

Once we arrived I saw JT Tri guy and began searching for Zac and Nichole. The crowd was good and the line for the morning chore moved quickly. We lined up near the rear and waited.For some unknown, the race started late. With the rain, this kind of sucked. Once we got going the rain was a non issue.



For most part I ran steady and moved through the crowd. I remained focused most of the way so I have little to report. I finished in 1:53.53. Following the race I chatted with Jack and JT.

Nicole did great and is now a marathoner. We had Indian food for lunch.

Following the race I went to watch another game 7 vs Boston on a marathon day. Same result. Arggggg.

All in all it was a good day.

3 comments:

tracie said...

great job at the race!

congrats to nichole too! :)

GP said...

You did finish right behind me! Had I only known. Great run and I'm glad you had a swell race. The rain wasn't too bad once we were all soaked through and through... but I guess that's what May weather is made of.

Trisaratops said...

Great job!

I don't know how I missed ya there at the finish line--we must have walked right by each other or something! Arg!

Congrats to Nichole!