Saturday, April 05, 2008

On the Road Again

It has been a while since I last posted. I was having Vista issues. It seems that as nice as microsofts new OS looks, it is riddled with issues. I ran into one last week and spent most of my time doing research in to the why and how to fix it the bug. I still have not found a solution that I expect from a company the size of Microsoft. I eventually tricked the OS into a repair. IE7 still will not dispaly and Google Earth depends on explorer. I am considering reverting to XP and setting up a secondary Linux OS.
To all you Mac enthusiast's that are thinking "You wouldn't have these issues if".... I would if I could pony up the dough.

Anyhow, winter is receding in Cleveberg. Today was ideal for a longer bike ride outdoors. It has been a while since I have spent more than 45 minutes on the road. It is nice to just be out doors. I decended. I climbed. I danced with traffic. I felt the wind without worrying about my electric bill. I rode into the Chagrin Valley by following my favorite route. After the ride i jumped off and added a 2 mile brick run.
These are my favorite workouts. This is when I can just takeoff and fly. Disappearing into the hills of northeast Ohio. Sometimes I run into a friend, but mostly it is just me and my bike. Getting away for an afternoon does wonders for my mind.

Ironyman moment
I got a traffic ticket yesterday.
Now I will bet you are thinking, "I thought you didn't drive?".
I don't. I wasn't even on my bike. I was crossing at the tail end of a red light in front of my apt. Half way across Coventry, the light turned green. I stuck with the base stealing code. I had already committed and was heading head first into second base. At second base waited a Cleveland Heights police officer ready to apply the tag. Jay Walking!!!$85. The cost of the fine can't justify fighting it and loosing a day of work. So, I must pay the man.
It must have been a slow night.

5 comments:

Spokane Al said...

Those head first slides will get you every time.

I am glad to hear that you are back out on the roads on your bike. This eternal winter truly is losing her grip all across our great land.

tracie said...

i saw you today on your biking adventure....i didn't want to call out to you as you crossed the intersection though. glad to hear you had a nice ride! sucks about the ticket! seriously, the CH po-po need to stick to the real 'bad' boys.

E-Speed said...

bummer about the ticket!

JenC said...

Bike ride sounds wonderful but the ticket sucks! Good lord, who gives tickets for something like that?!

triguyjt said...

good god..85 bucks..jaywalking??

come on...

what the ??