Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I left the window open and something flu in...e'chooo!

If you follow my training log at all, you may have noticed that I have been logging "0" workouts since the 5k. This is due to the bug I came down with.
Sunday I hit the couch and dozed into extra innings. Monday I took the evening off feeling some congestion. I watched Napoleon Dynamite. I saw LBJ and Cavs remind the Wizards who it was that won the east last season. I struggled to sleep. Went to work at 7am. Came home at 10am. I then slept.

For what ever reason, races always leave me open to sickness. The good part is that I have a recovery week right now, so I am not really(just a little)stressed about loosing workouts.
Today I felt better. Not 100%, but I went to work, rode to the pool, swam 1600 easy, rode a mile, chain broke, caught a bus. I am satisfied.

I have been enjoying the NBA playoffs so far. If by chances the next round is Cavs/Celtics, I apologies in advance for all the obnoxious things I may say about a town a drool over the thought of running in. Speaking of that run, congrats to Daisy, E speed, and Katy. Sounds like they all had a blast.

Being sick is weird. It is not fun to work through. But once in a while it is nice to grab a pillow, a roll of tissue, a comforter, a DVD or two, and just rest up. I like the healing process.

My computer guy has been setting up a linux platform for me. It still has some bugs to work out, but he is loving the challenge.Using it makes windows seem like a really bad prank. It actuall seems much cooler then mac. According to my tech genius linux is not at any threat from virus's. It just refuses to run the programs.
As I sit here and sniffle, I wish I could just choose not to run a virus. I wish I was as well protected as linux. But after a race, my firewall are down. I get sick.

4 comments:

tracie said...

rest up! sometimes our bodies have to force us to slow down ;) i hope you feel better soon!

triguyjt said...

hope you are on the mend...

saw a great documentary on the cuyahoga river clean up and how it sparked the enviromental movement. we are trend setters in cleveland. the doc had alot of credibility because they used a comment from a former kyc reporter you might know...

did hermes 5k today..will have report soon.
take care

Charlie said...

I saw that program. The river is looking good....I bet he is wondering what is happening with the "Cleanup of the yard".

smartass75 said...

Just a thought! Swanson's has a vegan broth that makes soup pretty easy to throw together. I usually use carrots, zucchinis, peeled tomatoes and sometimes white navy beans. Just throw them in and let it stew until the veggies are semi-soft. It is tasty, will cure the cold and give you a boost for training. Noodles are optional.
Get well soon!
Christina