Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Primary Madness

First up, let me clarify my political leanings. I am not as liberal as you may think. Obviously I am not very conservative. I consider myself a political progressive. Rather than to continue with the nonsensical seesaw of our bipartisan political system I believe we must all look deep within for new solutions. The current political parties are so tied to retaining power, that they have lost touch with what they supposedly stand for.

Early in the primary race I had declared myself middle of the road(Middle of Coventry Rd.). I stood somewhere between Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul. Their loyalty to the constitution was what set them apart. The primary roll of the president is to uphold the Constitution. I feel our current "decider" has lost sight of this responsibility.

February 12th is of course the birthday of Abraham Lincoln. So in his honor I would like to make public my hopes for the Republican presidential ticket for 2008.

I would like to see John McCain nominated, and Bob Dole to be his running mate.

Why?
Because It would be hysterical. it would be like watching Jack Lemon and Walter Mathau. These guys wouldn't take any guff! I think they might actually get down to business. At least when they weren't arguing over toast, or napping.

Some of you might look at these two mature men and think, "will they live for four more years.?"
I did think this one through.
Enter, Madam President Pelosi.

4 comments:

B Bop said...

Ok, you have a good point (that the race for president has turned into a joke?)...but I have to disagree with you here.

I'm writing in Kermit the Frog as my candidate because 1) he has more self control than Hillary's husband, as evidenced by Miss Piggy's repeated passes at him that do not result in Kermit going for the cigar box and
2) he's green (of course I'm going to pull that card).

GP said...

Ah, a purely pleasurable line of logic. I applaud your well-thought plot... and wish you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY. February babies rule. Have a great month!

triguyjt said...

a devious plot dear sir...haha

however...i laughed when i saw the muppet guys...

there are two guys who come to our gym and they always stand at this one spot that overlooks the weights etc and they comment on everything...
me and the bride call them the "muppet men". not behind their backs..but to them...
they laugh at our reference but they have some funny takes on life...politics etc....
i'll ask them about the pelosi angle

triguyjt said...

charlie...

thanks for your nice words re: chuckheaton..
really appreciate it...

wasn't he a classy guy. old school is the right school in my book and a certain retired kyc reporter"s book for that matter.

i still gotta get to notre dame and swim with you..