Sunday, February 10, 2008

Busy busy busy.

This week has been a busy one. I have been meeting new people and seeing many friends. Tonight was the CTC winter party. I had a good time, I was feeling very social. I really enjoyed having a chance to chat with most of you. I was a little bummed after I left that I didn't get to talk to a few of you. The Jameson started pouring, so it was probably best to remove me from the situation. I get a little wild with my whiskey.
Training has suffered a little this week due to the lack of available time , but not to much. I have been working at balancing my tasks. Music, work, triathlon, social/family and nutition have received proper attention this week. Sleep has not. I am running a bit low on the REM opportunities. This can not continue. I must sleep properly in order to maintain balance with the rest of my life. Training demands sleep.
One thing I have to address in regards to sleep is coffee. Not an easy task. This morning I over read the 2 JT's discussing their struggles with coffee. I am weak in this area. I love coffee.

Last year I cut intake to 12 oz per day. My life was transformed. My training improved. my focus was unlike I had ever remembered it. It's funny. I always wonder how people are able to stay so focused. My mind is some times like that of a squirrel. It is all over the place. Now feed a squirrel 64 oz of coffee a day. The results are insane. I also loose sleep.......speaking of sleep, that's what I must do now.

Tonight is the Beachland Show. Hope to see some of you.
Be well,

6 comments:

Jen said...

Have a great show today, Charlie! 64 oz of coffee? Wow. I would be such a spaz. My tummy would probably hurt, too. Did you notice a difference in your ability to recover from hard workouts when you cut down coffee intake? (Supposedly coffee creates an acidic environment, so theoretically it would slow down recovery... I say this as I'm sipping on my morning cup o'joe, fighting the final battles of this evil flu!) Anyway, enjoy being on the big stage!

tracie said...

It was great seeing you last night. Good luck with your show tonight and take a few minutes to enjoy it too! :)

B Bop said...

Man, I wish I lived closer to the Beachland. I will be in downtown on Thursday evening and should be able to catch your show at AJ Rocco's. Have a great time tonite!!!

triguyjt said...

your advice about 12 oz a day is a very good one.. thats what i'm doing now...just one..no more..

sorry i missed going to the party on sat...work gets in the way....

but I have a great job and would never complain..

Janet Edwards said...

Good to see ya Saturday!

And happy belated birthday!

Janet Edwards said...

Good to see ya Saturday!

And happy belated birthday!