Monday, May 14, 2007

Taper time

This is the first real taper week for me since I started training. I look forward to feeling fresh and ready come Sunday.

Here is my schedule for the week:
Monday-Off...Cavs game
Tuesday- 30 minute run/Commute to pool/ 2000 yrds, lots of drills,
Wednesday-30 minute run-Commute to work
Thursday-Commute to pool-2000 yrds, Drills, Main:Fast 50s w/long recovery
Friday-Off
Sat-1 milerun, stretch, EASY ride.
Sunday- run 13.1 miles fast, Goal, 1:40-1:45
Monday-chill

As for the diet I tend to go heavy on protein the first half of a taper week. I just made a tofu salad with a scoop of hemp seed. I know now how good hemp and Dill go together. Really tasty. Go little proteins and heal what I have hurt.
Come Thursday I switch back to heavier carb intake.

Friday I shave the skull. It is time. Yesterday while at my folks, my mom questioned why I wore spikes of hair....
Helmet head.
I haven't decided on the ol' leg shave yet.
Not sure if it is time.


Anyhow, I am off to watch the Cavs...

5 comments:

Jen said...

Your taper looks more intense than a week of training for me!!! I'll apprecieate it someday when I finally get the cahones to do an ironman, I guess... Enjoy the rest. Keep the leg hair.

qcmier said...

Good luck this weekend.

Janet Edwards said...

Good luck at the half Charlie!!!

Craig said...

I'll see ya on the half course! Your race time goal is similar to mine. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Gotta appreciate your dedication.