Thursday, May 03, 2007

Something Clever

Not really, I've got nothin' today.

I will just give you a basic update.

The training is going well in all areas. When I swim, I do what I am told. On the bike I ride at every opportunity. In my run training I just finished the final long run (3hrs) before The Cleveland half. I have a 90 minute planned for Sunday and a 60 minute the following week.

I have been very fortunate with my overall health, only suffering a couple of flus in mid Feb and mid march. I turned my ankle after on big snow. I babied it and recovered easily. I have had a little hamstring nag for a while, but it doesn't progress at all.

The diet goes without struggle. Vegan works very well for me.

One cup of coffee a day has done wonders for me. Regular sleep and greater focus are the first benefit. I am sure my kidneys are happier.

I am trying early morning runs midweek. So far so good. I will miss staying up late for "King of the Hill". That show cracks me up.

I have been on a few dates lately with the same person. That has been good. I have really become a hermit this winter. It is nice to share a connection with somebody. It has been a while.

All of my race entries are paid. I have ordered my race jersey, shorts, and long sleeve Jersey from CTC. I have plane fair in the bank. Zac, Nichole and I are getting ready to book. Just waiting for prices to drop a bit more.

Tribe is in 1st place, the Cavs move on to the semi finals, and the Browns have me excited.

Things in Cleveland are good. I have no complaints.

Well, I do have one thing that really bothers me.
So, I am off to another Peace Action Meeting.

Be well.

5 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

Charlie, I am impressed with a 3 hour training run in preparation for a half. It sounds like you will be more than prepared!!!

Glad to hear everything else seems to be blooming with the weather!

B Bop said...

Sounds like everything is progressing well!! The half should indeed be a cake walk on your way to bigger and...longer things.

Thanks for your $.02 on racing after a little injury. It gave me some hope for Rite-Aid. If I recover in time, I'll take it slow and do the half, heck, I know I'll PR (first one). If not, there will be more.

With tomorrow being May 4th we are reminded of things that can be quite bothersome. I'll be spending the afternoon in Kent.

Peace, B

Jen said...

Nice update, Charlie! Glad to hear the veganism is going well for you--and for the animals & our planet :-) Good luck getting ready for your half-mary!

JenC said...

Positive and great attitude! Glad to hear things are going well!

E-Speed said...

glad everything is going so wellf or you Charlie!