Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Holy Bolonia?

Not really. Not much holy 'bout bolonia.

However I did notice my countdown was at 95 days. I lost track of time.

I rode into work with the bike to work crowd. It was great. we had a large presence and I felt so safe tucked in amongst other cyclist. Very mellow easy ride. Not the stress fest that is my normal ride to work.
We ended up at Rocco's for Coffee and Bagels.
Well, I was also at work. I set up the bike food, and got to work.

After work I went for a run. I was pushing the HR. I wanted to take advantage of the heat and add pickups in the sun.
Midway into the run I remembered how important fluid intake is. I was frothing at the mouth and my hamstrings were tight.
I mostly backed off.

I rode to the pool and swam free and easy for 40 minutes. Steve took a look at my stroke and let me know that it had really improved.
That was good for the confidence.

I decided yesterday to go on a two week midwest tour following my fall marathon. I have a new CD ready, and I need to go sell it. I am not a big fan of the road life, but I have to to it. I will keep you posted. I try not to make major decisions during a taper, as I am mostly crazy.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Dude-
Play in Iowa City! Check out this venue right here: http://www.icmill.com/
I think it'd be a good one for ya.

Charlie said...

Thats funny. I followed the link to see if I knew any of the other players.
I do. Last nights music at the Mill was Eric Nassau. He used to work out of Columbus. I have done sound and shared the stage with Eric often.
Looks like a fit.
I am looking forward to the southern fried comfort sandwich.

JenC said...

Mmmm...bologna. It has been so long since I've enjoyed your multi-meat goodness. : )

I digress. Good luck this weekend! Hope to see you out there!

Janet Edwards said...

Wow, 95 days will go fast!

Best of luck on Sunday!!

Jen said...

The fried so-co-tofu sandwich... of course!!!