Friday, June 13, 2008

Up to Buffalo

I don't know if it will be the Sunday cup of coffee before or after a work out, or the subtle jabs at Browns fans that I will miss the most. Something always seems a little uneasy when a broadcaster has died while still broadcasting.

The thoughts I have regarding the death of Tim Russert go beyond the unexpected loss of someone that has become a common part of our life through radio or television. It has transcended the fear I have of the eventuality of loosing my own hero and favorite broadcaster. Tim Russert's death is a little different.

I have always believed that the media is the fourth branch of government here in the USA. The media is responsible for communicating the actions of our leaders with out bias. Very few have done a better job of clarifying the truth then Tim Russert. The man wouldn't accept non answers. I think we have lost a huge part of the election process. In my mind we have lost one of the most important Americans of our time.

2 comments:

Mary Sunshine said...

Dear Charlie,

What is death anyway? A penny for your thoughts.

the tearful Mary Sunshine

triguyjt said...

charlie...

i agree... never met the man..even though I spent 2 years working in buffalo t.v... but I really respected him..

There is a way to ask a sensitive question and to be persistent about it and get an answer...Tim was superb at this..
he was a tremendous broadcaster-truthseeker...