Thursday, June 05, 2008

A tough nut to crack

I am confident in saying, Nicole is hooked. She is acting like a runner. She is dressing like a runner. She is researching like a runner. She is planning for a race a year away.

We are thinking of heading west for the Big Sur marathon next spring. This works for me. Next year I would like to focus a bit more on the Marathon and ultra marathoning. I plan on triathlon mid summer, but no more then one 70.3.

The marathon has always been a tough nut to crack. My PR of 3:53 was not my best race. If I had been on that day, I would have gone 3:30. That was a 9 years ago. I want to run Boston one day.

The ultra marathon also totally intrigues me. I want to go there.

Currently, I have Deer Creek this weekend. I am feeling fit and focused. I plan to go hard the whole race. I want to go through transitions cleanly. I also am looking for improvement on the swim. It is a training day. My one concern is water temps. Lake Erie is still in the 50's.

Sorry for my recent absense around here. I have been a little distracted.

3 comments:

tracie said...

good luck at deer creek! stay calm and focused and the water might not feel so cold! ;)

triguyjt said...

good luck at deer creek. folks around here are tryng to talk me into punxatawney in sept. ultra 50k..very hilly... i am intrigued...haven't bitten the bait on thehook yet

Mary Sunshine said...

Hi Charlie,

It was so nice to meet you today! I wish I'd had a better memory about all the great stuff on your blog.... I hope you had a really great race. It was hot out there today but still lots of fun.

Mary