Friday, September 07, 2007

Ragweed

Yes my eyes are extremely bloodshot from this weed. I am sneezing, I have a runny nose, My eyes itch, I get headaches, I struggle to sleep. allergy season hits me hard.

Last year at this time, we were camping on lake Erie awaiting the Great Lake Escape(GLE) Triathlon. The rag weed was horrible and I never slept the night before the race.

GLE, like the other escape style races had a ferry boat start. Our race became a duathlon due to bad lake conditions. Bummer, I still would like to do this race with the ferry start.

During the race, I was very excited about IM MOO. IM started an hr after our race began. My big plan was to register the following morning. Every time I ran by Jodi, I would get big eyes and say something like "they are swimming in Lake Monona". As our race went on, we began a back and forth play by play of the race in Mad Town.

After the GLE, I fell asleep and Zac toted my slumbering sweaty self back to Coventry.

I had asked for the following day off from work, so I could register for the race.
I was ready. I had raised my entry fee with a gig at roccos the week before. Jodi, Jenn C, Brian, (all bloggers) and others contributed to my fund raising goal. Nichole made Gift baskets that were raffled off. I sang and gave away CDs.

Monday after Moo, I sat with a cup of coffee where I sit now . When the reg. site opened I got on very quickly. I filled every thing out and hit enter......I waited 20 minutes.




Errors.... please correct and resubmit.
OK, ENTER...........


"Registration for Ironman Wisconsin 2007 is no longer available".

My heart dropped...

My journey had stopped before it began.

This was my last major obstacle on my way to Ironman. The lesson: pause, regroup, adapt, move on.

Last year my goal was to do the distance. My theme was the GD lyric "Show me something built to last, or someone built to tri". I created a motivational image for my desktop to remind myself of what I was doing. My goal was to build the endurance for Ironman. I know now that I can cover the distance.

Anyhow, due the crazy demand for Ironman entry, I registered for IMKY before I had a chance to digest what I had just done in the UK. I knew that I had a blast. I love the life style. I like the distance.

But what business do I have in Louisville?

That question made me come up with a goal and a theme for this race. I want to improve on what I have become. I once again looked to Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter for a little direction. "Won't you tri just a little bit harder?, won't you try just a little bit more?" from the Dead tune The Wheel.So my plan is simple:
Little bit harder, just a little bit more,
A little bit further/(faster) than you gone before.

I will start just as soon as my hay fever subsides....sniffle, snifle.!



4 comments:

E-Speed said...

the logos are very cool Charlie. I like your style!

Jen said...

Love the logos! ('specially the vegan part :-)

B Bop said...

I hear you on the ragweed. This rain should help.

Nice lookin' layout and logos, indeed. My blog could use a little love when your done with yours ;-)

VeganHeartDoc said...

I'm allergic to ragweed too.

Greetings from one vegan triathlete to another!