Sunday, September 30, 2007

96 and 66

Once in a while you get one of those perfect weekends. This was one of those.

It started Friday night. I took it easy heading across the street to the beer garden to take in a little baseball.....beer.....marathon talk. I ran into an old friend and swapped race stories till she had to head home and get to sleep for The Akron Marathon relay. I stuck around and watched the tribe give CC Sabathia win 19.

Saturday I rode my bike down to Whiskey Island for the CTC fall picnic. The weather was perfect on the lakefront as we sat around sharing more race stories.

I then headed through Ohio City to meet up with Nichole. Zac was working the pre Genesis concert, so we went to Rocco's and had more beers and a cheese free pizza. I sat around complaining that Peter Gabriel wasn't gonna sing, while Nichole wondered out loud why so many wanted to see the other Phil(as opposed to Phil Lesh of the GD).

As Rocco's filled( or should I say Phil'ed) we decided to head to Coventry to take in some coffee, play guitar for a bit, and yack on about our upcoming Columbus Marathon. At about 11 Zac called to let us know the aging art rock fans were tired and going home. He was free to leave. Nichole left to get him and they headed home.

I kicked back and watched Lebron host SNL. He did a good job, even if he is a Yankee fan.

Sunday I headed out for my coffee and paper. The weather once again was the perfect fall day. The neighbor hood was crawling with Brown's fans. At 1PM I headed home, tuned in and sat in awe as our new Browns put a lickn" on our old team. Vengeance isn't my thing, but it tastes better than the bitterness old Art Modell left here in Cleveland.

Following the upset of the Ravens, I filled my Fuel belt and headed out for an amazing 2.5 hour run. I went through the cemetery, University circle, I ran/crawled, trails through the Doan Brook area and around Shaker lakes. I felt really good and am really looking forward to Columbus.

After the run I had a Strawberry/Banana/Hemp smoothy. I ordered Thai. I Checked the Tribe score, and watched the Steelers get beat! The Indians won and finish the '07 regular season tied for best in baseball with Manny's Red Sox. October starts Thursday at the Jake against the Yanks.

As a sports fan in Cleveland, '07 has been surreal. OSU football and basketball finals. Cavs NBA finals, Tribe October baseball, and .......oh yeah......IRONMAN!!!!IRONMAN!!!!IRONMAN!!!!

Thanks for being apart of my perfect fall weekend in Cleveland, Ohio.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Looks like it could be the perfect week, too! Enjoy it!

:-)

Jodi

B Bop said...

Tomorrow nite (Thurs.) I'll be heading over to the House of Blues for Govt. Mule after my evening class, hopefully celebrating a tribe victory and soaking in the sounds. Drop me a line if your heading over.....or.....I'll see you there.