Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Dane County

I played at the Peace Show yesterday. The gig went well, the day was beautiful, the crowd was huge.
The event is held every year on labor day. Oddly it began in 2001. We were basically living at peace back then. A week later our world changed.
The show has shown many faces over the past years. Compassion, outrage, frustration, hope have all been moods of the anti war/peace community as exhibited at the Peace Show.

Yesterday seemed to have a lot of energy. I think people feel a troop reduction is near, as is an administrative change.

Of the many groups present, I found myself drawn toward the Animal rights and cycling groups more so than the efforts to end the war. I think I see peacemaking as a personal thing that happens with the choices I make in my own life.
_____________________________

I have gotten back to a regular training schedule. I feel good. Nothing long yet. I think I may do a 13 miler with Dane.

______________________________

Speaking of Dane, good luck to those of you headed to Dane County, Wisconsin. I will be following races of my CTC friend Jack Carney (78) and blogger IM Able (53). Part of me will be wondering "What if?" because my plan "A" was IMMoo. I didn't have a "B" plan at that time. My music career began 20 years ago on State Street. Becoming an Ironman there seemed like such a fun plan.

Well, you know how the story played out. I wouldn't have changed a thing. My experience was amazing. It will forever be one of my favorite memories......Oh yeah, and I am an IRONMAN.





Hee Hee Hee....I will cut that out in a few weeks. Still can't wipe the smile off my face.


3 comments:

B Bop said...

If you want to ask me what I think is important in life, don't ask me what I think. Ask me what I DO.

Carry that smile with you as long as possible my friend!!!

Jen said...

Yeah, you get to smile that smile forEVER. Until you replace it with an even bigger smile after IM Loo next year :-)

Live peace.

Jenni Shortt said...

I have to show your blog to my meat eating sporty friends! they still believe that only meat can give them the muscle and the stregth! Your blog and all the others I've discovered today are going to speak for me! :)
Love from a lazy vegan
x.