Sunday, November 11, 2007

Finally Cleveland has a winner.



Thats right, Michael Symon is the new Ironchef.

So if you are thinking I am OK with the Browns and Buckeye losses, I AM NOT.

It could be worse. I could have dragged out my recovery a little further. But I didn't. Not running is not my idea of fall. So I have resumed the run and I am considering running the Buckeye trail 50k in January. I think because I was asked how far I could run, and I replied "I don't know". It got me to thinking that I should find out. The ultra is still mythical to me.

We began tri swimming workouts at oberlin today. First time swimming since Deer creek.....Really. The pool was fun, and I moved over a lane....

Friday was the CTC fall meeting at Bike Authority followed by a bunch of triathletes and beer.I was one of the last of us to be carried out.

Thursday was the gig and debut of the new music on the web. We had a nice turn out at Rocco's.
and I really enjoyed playing. Thanks to everyone that came out. I bet it was one of the only events in town that night with an Ironman on stage, behind the bar, and in the audience.

A few mentions, Congrats to Cat Viola who finished IMFLA in 16:22. She was the final finisher in the CTC Ironrookie class of '07. One thing I have really enjoyed this year was watching Jodi, JenC, Nathan, Jack, and Cat finish. Knowing how hard they have worked makes it so special to witness the feat of becoming an Ironman. There were a few of the original group of eager triathletes from last fall that didn't make it. The race is not guaranteed with registration.

Anyhow, I think thats all I have got for now.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

My roommates and I were jumping up and down and yelling last night when Chef Simon was named the new Iron Chef! You would have thought it was a football game!

:-)

Jodi

triguyjt said...

hey charlie...
That was cool when he won.
What a personality the guy is....
down to earth...funny.

hows the music download stuff going??
when do you swim at notre dame??