Monday, October 29, 2007

Inked

After work today, I hopped a bus for Lake County. I met up with my friend Annie, and we went into downtown Willoughby to find a place on Vine that had a good reputation. I gave the artist Joe my design and some dollars. We picked out a spot on my lower calf and the fun began.

It didn't hurt at first, but then it did. And then some more pain. We took a break as I felt a bit hypoglycemic. I had water and some candy, and we started up again. I tried to imagine a more pleasant pain like pounding out mile 16 of the IM marathon.

Finally we were done.

Here it is....


Sorry mom and dad.
The design is mine, and should be obvious. The rook represents Sherborne Castle, the main feature of IMUK

10 comments:

Spokane Al said...

Very nice tattoo! I like it.

Jen said...

The Manny tattoo probably would've hurt less :-)

Charlie said...

Ironically, My ex and I were almost tattooed by a Ramirez foul ball back in 'o4. Fortunately we were out indulging in bad habits. From what other fans said, the ball hit the seat with an enormous force.
That thing would have hurt for sure.

JenC said...

Awesome! Cool design! Joe did Matt's tattoo last month also. Quiet guy, huh? Skilled though!

E-Speed said...

nice! I like when IM peeps make their tat original like this.

B Bop said...

Very nice! Maybe you'd like to sport the tat @ the Red Flannel 100K out in Oberlin on Sunday?? Or, a backpacking trip to Athens Co. soon??

Charlie said...

Jen, John kept the the conversation up for everyone. Joe had some good wit, especially when I felt faint.." The Ironman fainting was awfully amusing to Joe.
If you don't have one, and ever decide to get one, eat a good meal prior to the process.

triguyjt said...

charlie
great tat.
I especially like your graphic tribute to Herve!!!!!
"If manny got bonked in the head, would he feel it??

Charlie said...

Isn't Kona all of our Fantasy Island.

triguyjt said...

Herve was only chanting what stewardess's chant.

"De Plane, De Plane..
sorry