Saturday, October 27, 2007

Maybenextyear, Ohio

I am really trying to take some time away from training right now. Except for 20 minutes of easy bike riding on Monday to loosen the post marathon legs, I have done no deliberate exercise.

It has been kinda nice but boring, but I find things to do. I have been playing a lot of guitar as I ready myself for gigging.

I have watched some of the World Series. Josh Bekkit, who I previevously refered to as Bukkit is really an amazing pitcher. I could sit and watch pitching like that forever. I am a baseball fan and do enjoy the game despite the disappointment of my team being eliminated last week. I am convinced that Wahoo carries a curse. It is time to change Cleveland. I am also going to suggest to the City of Cleveland that we change City's name .
One thing that has change in our area is the cleanliness of our local parks. As a kid I used to think that pop tops and empties were a part of nature. The filth was ridiculous. Since the 70's and the 80's we really have grown to try to preserve what we can on a local level.
Today I rode my bike to The Shaker Lakes Nature Center and set off on a 3 and a half hour hike. Much of the hike followed fairly technical trails. I felt like I got a great workout. The park is so clean now. It is such an oasis of life here in the city. I took my time and just enjoyed an awesome fall day in Maybenextyear, Ohio

Here are some more Photos

5 comments:

Charlie said...

In the graffiti art I thought it neat that the only thing painted was man made. If you look carefully however you will notice that the tree had been painted. I am also a bit concerned about using spray paint in a bird sanctuary.
I wish that these artists would think about the depth of their vandelism. I have a few friends that paint.Topics like this always cause stress in conversations.

Jen said...

I love how your post begins with "I haven't been exercising" and then you tell us about your 3.5 hour hike. Ha! That's your IM perspective talkin...

I tend to like graffiti (well done graffiti, anyway) in urban settings, but I'm not sure about it in "nature". Although I guess it makes kind of a neat statement about the fact that even what we consider to be "nature" these days is a (hu)manmade construct.

Glad you're basically giving yourself some downtime from the training. Hiking is good.

Did you get the tattoo???

Charlie said...

Not yet. I have a fine design. Maybe in Detroit.

Jen said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!

Charlie said...

They won. Rockies had to save some self respect.