Wednesday, October 10, 2007

So hard to find my way.

The nostalgia of the autumn leaves me feeling a bit faded. I am ready for the foliage to change color and drop to the ground. Like the trees that line my run routes, I am ready for my winter hybernation. My limbs are tired and the rest ahead is a welcome sight.

I have mostly been focusing on the run training since deer creek. I am ready and eager for Columbus. My endurance engine is solid. I am feeling a bit more like a runner these past few weeks. Now it is taper time. My goal is to have a nice time and enjoy the last party of '07. This has been a wonderful season, and a fall Marathon seems like a great close to it.

One of my post Ironman plans was to enjoy a pennant run by our local baseball club. What a treat we have had. Tribe beat the Yanks in the ALDS. Next up is the ALCS with the BOSOX. Should be a great series. Manny hits well at the Jake. Manny hits well. Pitching wins however. Tribe in five. Next Thursday is gonna be one hell of a party at Rocco's and throughout Gateway. One beer limit for me pre marathon.

I am itching to start gigging soon. I HAVE TO SING! I will be sure to announce a Rocco's gig during the next week. The gig will coincide with a CD(Downloadable) release. I have been receiving high praise for the material on it. I am excited to start pushing it. It is a good listen.

I do love the fall. The sadness and grays are in full color. We know that winter is coming, but we have one last season to rejoice before the earth turns to ice. One last hour before we take shelter from the cold. The leaves will change, the wind will howl, night will come sooner and sooner.

It has been an amazing ride and it is almost time to rest. The expectations for rest are only that I am able to.
But first I have a pennant race to cheer on and and a marathon to run.

Happy fall.

7 comments:

JenC said...

Great way to put it Charlie! Enjoy it all and then take a well-deserved rest!

Jen said...

Tribe in five.

Oh, that's cute, Charlie. Precious.

Janet Edwards said...

GO TRIBE!!!!

Enjoy your mary!!! I would say you are definitely due for some R&R after that!

Jen said...

Have fun watching the game tonight!

Jen said...

Dude. Cleveland fans are something else. And that's coming from a Red Sox fan....

Charlie said...

Jen, I was trying to call you after K-Loftons HR. I am a little slow on the speed dial, and the moment had passed. What a game.

Jen said...

Yeah, I wouldn't have answered because I was crying.

Good game, Cleveland.

The energy in that stadium was incredible. I hate to say it, but it reminded me of Fenway in '04.