Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Looking futher ahead

I have wanted to try to qualify for Boston for a long time. Some how I never thought it possible, as BQ times for me have seemed so far out of reach. Today I was looking up times while checking results, and realized that in 5 seasons my qualifying time will be 3:30. I know that I can go this fast If I work toward that goal. Right now I am busy with Ironman, so Boston is not a realistic goal. However in 3 or so years, training for a fast marathon should give me a needed break from IM training.

Just a thought.

The tribe's recent exit from post season play is a bummer in many ways. As a restaurant worker in the area around Jacobs field, the World Series stood to bring us some nice extra income. Oh well.
Zac and I had planned to use the bonus to fly to Amsterdam.....Drat!

Speaking of Amsterdam, our friend Michelle from IMUK ran the Amsterdam marathon Sunday with a finish time of 4:24:35. Kind of weird how Nichole, Michelle and I all ran a pace within a second and a half of each other this past Sunday. Our other UK camp mate Kurt ran a 3:17 at Columbus. A bit quicker than the rest of us.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I plan to BQ when I'm 75.

And when I'm 80, I will win my age group at Hawaii.

You'll see.

Charlie said...

Jen, with your new kicks, you are well on your way. I plan on some 90 and over course records at Kona.

B Bop said...

To me, the most inspirational folks in endurance sport are not those that are blazing fast, but those that collect social security and are still at it....and of course they usually place in their AG.

Jen said...

Sister Madonna Buder is my hero :-)