Sunday, June 24, 2007

Waiting for the high dive.

Remember when you were a kid and you stood in line to go off the high dive?. Do you remember how as each of your friends jumped successfully, your ability to back out became less and less of a reality?

Well, Jodi jumped today. 12:37. Awesome. Congrats Dr. IM Jodi

Just a year ago when we met, all I could talk about was my IM dream. She was looking toward her first sprint. She is now an Ironman and I am still waiting on the ladder behind Jen, Nathan, Tim and others that are now stepping out onto the board, poised for a dive into Lake Placid.

My workouts this weekend were based on race recovery and race prep. The big workout was a 4k swim. 1st time doing that. Not bad. The air was cool yesterday so the pool was sorta empty.
Later, I did a brick. Today I rode hills with Rob Reddy and the fellas going to IMLP. We rode the GCT area with some extra hills. In the PM I ran for an hour. I felt great.

I took another major step toward the UK this evening by purchasing my airline tickets....Gulp!
Airfare to the UK is expensive this year. After paying for environmental offset credits, the round trip will be $903.

Next weekend is the Mountaineer Half. I am going to take it somewhat easy this week. Which reminds me. I must go to bed.
G'night.

3 comments:

B Bop said...

I like the analogy. Right now I'm thinking of myself as the kid with floaties on his arms watching you guys climb the ladder and jump. I've enjoyed following your journey thus far and look foreward to hearing the rest!!

Jen said...

Yeah, I feel like I'm in the kiddie pool! With floaties, like B Bop! But everytime I read about your IM progress, I find myself thinking, maybe, someday... You're gonna have an awesome time! Congrats on getting the tickets.

B Bop said...

Hey Charlie, I'd certainly be interested in trying out the aerobars. I've been cybershopping a bit and eyeing the Profile Design carbon stryke, due to the fact that they are ultra-adjustable. Drop me an e-mail. ebhenneman@yahoo.com and we can try and make arrangements to get together. I'm in downtown Thursday evenings. Thanks!!