Sunday, June 03, 2007

Today was a happy day in Cleveland.

If you are from Cleveland, I don't need to explain. If you are not from Northeast Ohio, let me just just say this was very special. Cleveland has a self confidence issue. Lebron James does not. Lebron James has given this city hope.

I worked last night after a nice brick. I made lots in tips, got cut during the game, grabbed a beer, and joined the crowd around the AJ Roccos wide screen.
At half time Kirk, Sandy, her brother, Nichole and I went over to Gateway Plaza(Between Jacobs field and The "Q" Arena). The scene was sureal. 50 thousand people watching giant TVs out doors. In Jacobs field The Indians played to 38K. Inside the "Q" 20k Roard as the CAVS out played the Detroit Pistons for the 4th game in a row and WON the Eastern Conferance. The arena and ballpark emptied. Cleveland had it's biggest party in my lifetime.
Nichole and I sat on the "F" and "I" from the "Who's on first?" Sculpture at The Jake. We ate Tabuli, pita and a bean and corn dish. We sat and watched the city go crazy. People are funny.

This morning brought the hangover. Everyone seemed a bit unrested. The sky was grey and the air was thick. Rain was off and on. Every one was happy. We had all shared a wonderful moment. We have all watched this kid grow up. We are all Witnesses.
This is fun. Go Cavs!

More Stuff
Performance Bike has opened a store near my home. I rode out today with a friend. I spent many of my tips on bike cleaning supplies, a couple pairs of shorts. and eight tubes.
The guy at the counter wondered why I needed so many tubes.
"Do you flat alot?" He said.
"No, I ride a lot." I responded.

Close encounters of the herd kind
I had a beautiful 90 minute run through the Shaker lakes area. at one point I came up on a fawn. She was eating ground cover and seemed very at ease with me. We were about 12 feet apart and she never ran. As I continued on she resumed her dinner.
Further down the trail I came upon a big buck. I was ready to go around him when I noticed a second buck in my path. Hair was standing up on the back of buck1. So I went a different route.
After I came out of the woods I ran for 30 more minutes in a lite rain.

Today was a special day here in Cleveland.

4 comments:

JenC said...

Go Cavs!!

I went to that Peformance Bike on Mayfield Road. I was unimpressed. Could have been the lousy service although I did buy some new stuff for my ride too. I wish Bike Authority was closer.

Jen said...

I love your response to the bike guy :-)

Craig said...

Big game tonight. C'mon Cavs, gotta make it happen!

Jen said...

Dang, Charlie! 102 mile bike tour today? Sounds fun! Tell us about it :-)