Monday, January 22, 2007

Come Together

Things are moving along fairly well right now.

My swimming is really improving. I have reached the 3500 yard mark. I had instruction from Steve. The stroke is still inconsistent and needs my full attention, but the stroke count is down. Endurance is not an issue any longer. I look forward to the pool workout as much as I look forward to running.

The bike is coming along. Last winter I could barely put together 1/2 an hr of trainer work without becoming bored. The workouts I did were infrequent. Rebuilding in spring was slow. This off season I have spent 800+ miles in my living room. I am renting Little Miss Sunshine next week. Lots of movies
The bike has officially been converted into the bike I hope to have for race day. I will post photos soon. I got the fork from Nashbar yesterday. I can't wait to get her out on the road. Only thing left is to keep building up the engine. That's me.

Running is fun! I took two days off in a row from my beloved run. Saturday I was a little stiff but fairly healthy. Today I went long.1:50 mixed surface running with 2/3rds being technical trail running. I ran in road shoes, so it was a bit slippery. Great work out. The snow was so pretty.

The diet is very right on for me. This is the easiest diet I have actively and mindfully maintained. The only craving I have is pizza. The other night at the CTC post holiday party. The Collisters ordered pizza. The aroma of the cheese reached out to me as if it were a cartoon....I resisted its beckoning.
I need to go to Dewey’s soon and get one of these cheese less pizzas. That will be a fun evening.
Whoever I go with will say, “what toppings do you like?"
I will respond, "Anything except meat and cheese is good with me".
They will say, "Ummm....how 'bout we get half with some freaking cheese you damn hippy?!"

I have a gig on February 9th. This will be my birthday gig. It's how I like to celebrate. With music.
The Lovett/Hiatt/Ely/Clarke show was great. The show was close to sold out. So many old friends from the folk music community were there. I got distracted while leaving and lost my group....whoops....John Hiatt is such a good songwriter.

Everything is coming together.

4 comments:

JenC said...

Sorry to tempt you with the pizza. Mr. Collister resisted it also. I just couldn't help myself. I don't know how you do it, but I am impressed.

The Blights said...

You'll love Little Ms. Sunshine. I watched that on the trainer as well. I also recently watched Thank You For Smoking, which I recommend.

I cut out almost all TV, so now my trainer rides are done watching missed TV series (The Office and Earl)or movies on the weekend. I get bored easily as well and it help the time fly!

Jodi said...

Great job resisting the pizza. I have the extra motivation that it makes me sick.

It's great that you have a gig on your birthday. Fun!

See you Thurs!

Jodi

Papa Louie said...

You like pizza like the Italians make it with no meat or cheese. My wifes grandma makes it that way and it took awhile for me to like it but now it's the way I like it.
You'll have to try the bike workouts I do from fasttandem.com you won't get bored. I posted a challenge on my blog site.