Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Blow out.

With the extended autumn like weather, it has been easy for me to continue training outdoors through early December. The downside, is that my gear  has been worn down from all the use. Specifically tires. Yesterday I went out for a ride on the hand-cycle knowing that my back tires were looking bad. I risked it anyhow and got a productive session in. My last two miles are downhill and mostly junk mileage. During the biggest downhill section I was speeding down at 24 mph when "BOOM Hisssssssssssss", my rear right tire blew. I limped/rolled a half mile home on the flat.

Blowouts on the hand-cycle are dramatic due to the fact that my head is placed so close to the tires. I was not hurt though. Today I placed an order for new tires. I went with the cheap ones. They are for training and are fairly dependable.

 Today is also an amazing weather day. I want to head off on the racing chair, but I may not have the time. I also might swim later. I did two workouts (Handcycle and strength training) yesterday. A swim might be the best fit for me, but I feel ambitious with the sun shining.

No comments: