Monday, June 01, 2009

Looking Forward.........

July I will start base building for a fall season of trail runs. My family will be spending a week atop Eagles mere Mountain. I have used this vacation to train before with bike climbs up the Mountain. The confidence it built for the old GCT 1/2 and the IMUK course was huge. This year I will be running up and down the mountain along the switchbacks. My "A" race will be near Hagerstown MD. After Brierman(Also in Hagerstown) last fall, I can not take climbing lightly. The area around the Appellation trail is rough.
I will also do a sprint tri in Fairport Harbor. It is one of my favorite little races.

August My only planned race is the GCT in mentor. My main duty will be as a musician. I will be racing the sprint.
I have made a commitment to pace a runner for the Burning River100. I also will volunteer at an aid station.
On August 30th, I will be taking in IMKY as a spectator. The Cleveland Tri Club has a lot of folks racing this year.

Sept. I plan to return to Michigan for a 50k on the same course as the Trail Marathon. The race festival is called RunWoodstock. The theme for all of the races that weekend will be "hippy" I will be camping. My approach to hills will be very different this time....Walking.
I have made a promise to take part in this years "Ride for Miles". Last year I was drafted to the stage to play a few tunes following the ride. This year I know to expect it. I am excited to have more of an opportunity to combine sport and music this year.

Oct. The Towpath Marathon will be returning to my schedule this fall. It has been 4 years since I last did this race. With my "A" race covering 1/2 of it's mileage on a similar towpath in Maryland, it makes sense to me to use this as a training run.

Nov JFK50 mile run. That's all I am gonna say about that.

1 comment:

triguyjt said...

jfk baby!!!! whooohooo I am tempted