Saturday, July 19, 2008

Knowing limits

My favorite method of sharing humorous thoughts is to suggest a different point of view without ever actually telling the joke. My hope is to allow the imagination of whomever I am joking with to complete the tasteless humor that floats under my dome. If done correctly I can turn a simple smile into a very sick joke. If done poorly I end up having to explain myself. This is usually the point that my little joke fails and falls into inappropriateness. My theory is that I can share my most twisted thoughts without saying them. If successful, I can claim the thought was your own.

The line between appropriate and inappropriate is a fine one. When I cross it, I set myself up for problems. So I try to stay this side of a bad joke.

The past two weeks I have been pushing my training much further. Long swim days, long bike days, and long run days have dominated my training. The last big workout was a 2+ hr run Thursday. The run focus was to take advantage of the 90 degree heat and practice good hydration. The workout went well, but left my body a little tattered. My muscles were a bit dehydrated and tight. I battled some awful spasms late Thursday. I still feel the effects of the run and sensed a little cold looking for an opportunity to attack. There are many little things occurring with my body that tell me this is a good weekend to back off. At Rocco's, we have been setting sales records all week. Being on my feet all day and rushing about has also left me a bit tired.

So in an effort to stay a fit as I have been feeling lately, I am going to ere on the side of appropriate training behavior. If I reveal to much, my training might resemble bad joke.

For me the key to success is knowing when not to say to much.

2 comments:

triguyjt said...

the heat has been brutal...but as you said...good chance to ready for im louisville...

verrry humid

don't go overboard...

thats not a joke

Be a Goddess music said...

folk music and tri ! what a great blog !

I have subscribed to your blog and feel free to check mine. It is primarily for folk music and has some swarb and judy dyble stuff on there are interviews with them both coming up very soon.

love from West Wales !

sam x