Sunday, April 08, 2007

Meet My Dad




Here is a photo of my Mom and Dad. I went to their house last night to celebrate my Dads birthday, and for Easter. My brother, the folks, Zeus, Artemus the Cat, and I Gathered round the table for dinner.
My family has been really supportive about my diet. Roasted veggies and and rice, apple pie and soy ice cream......and Vino....the appetiser did have an animal product, but I ate around it....humus and cut veggies lightly garnished with dog hair. Zeus was sooo happy to see me. He wagged and wagged. Yum, dog hair in the humus.

We sang happy birthday while Susie and Sarah joined us from Chicago via speaker phone.
My dad is a cool fella. I could say a lot about him. The first thing that comes to mind is respect. He seems to respect everyone, and everyone seems to respect him. I think the only lack of respect he ever received was from the for of us kids while we dealt with adolescences and Artemus the cat after she woke up on the wrong side of the radiator.

Here is a bio of my dad
that someone wrote. it is fairly accurate.

We all had a good time, My mom and her 3 men.

In other news(little tribute to my dad)

Dane and I had a 2:40 hr run planned. It was snowing, but not to badly. She called and asked if we were really going to run in this snow storm. I announced "of course we are going to run". Deep down I had the same reservations about the weather, but she wasn't going to see it. I told her I would help her train for a marathon.

When we began running the weather was becoming BAD. The kind of wind and snow that just hurts to run into. the roads were covered in slush and we were making life for motorist hard.
We decided to reevaluate the run ever 1/2 hour and just meander through Cleveland Heights and Shaker. 2 hr and 43 minute later We were done. The run was a good one. The snow continued. so far the Easter blizzard is second only to the Valentines day blizzard of '07.
You gotta love Cleveland.

7 comments:

Jen said...

That's a great picture of your folks! I love that they've been so supportive of your veganism. You're a great training buddy to slog through the snow with your friend... Hope it warms up there soon so you can start logging some of those IM training hours on dry road with some SUNSHINE :-)

Charlie said...

opps, I didn't link dads bio. I just fixed it. He has had an incredible life. Check it out.
http://www.clevelandseniors.com/people/mosbrook.htm

Janet Edwards said...

Wow, your dad sounds like one really interesting guy! It was indeed quite a neat bio! Perhaps your dad is where you have got your love of music from???

Way to get out there for the run!

Charlie said...

Janet-No doubt 'bout that. I got a lot of who I am from my dad. 'cept for milk. He loves a tall glass of it and I think the whole concept is vile. I share that with my mom.

Soy in cereal for me.

Jen- Dane did as much for me in motivation. Our long runs this spring have been tough weather wise. She is a trooper, and never complains.
She was funny when I introduced her to GU....I think she liked it.

Craig said...

I used to watch Channel 3 News before I went off to college in NYC. Didn't realize that Joe Mosbrook was your dad. I remember he was always very professional with a strong voice. What sports does he currently do?

Charlie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlie said...

He is retired.
His book and radioshow (Monday at 8:30 PM on WCPN 90.3) keeps him busy. Along with being the Union boss and loving jazz

He mostly hangs out with my mom and Zeus.
He is a fun Grandfather. Sarah Loves him, she calls him Buddy. Morgan is also very fond of him.