Saturday, March 21, 2009

What we do now

Last night I had a gig at the Old Stone Church on public square here in Cleveland. The show was a send off for the buses headed to DC for the 6th anniversary of the Iraq war. Passions still remain high, but the anti war movement has lost a little steam with Obama's change in policy. There seems to be a lack of urgency as most folks feel the President is taking us in a new direction. The voices of peace however are no less important. The move away from No bid contracts, torture policy, and the Iraq focus were important policy decisions, because we made them important issues. If we as citizens become complacent with the belief that things are changing, we will get what we have been getting. So I will continue to contribute with my music. Hopefully some part of my music will help to strengthen the cause of peace in the marchers in DC.

After the show we headed to nearby John Q's and the Little Bar (old downtown bars) to watch the CSU Vikings play Cinderella in the NCAA tourny. CSU beat Wake Forest. I was impressed at how CSU never backed off. The remained focused for 40 minutes.

The rest of the weekend will be devoted to training. I am 90% sure I am doing the trail marathon in Michigan on April 26th. It looks like a fun race. My only reservation is that my run training is right on track. If I do a fast flat race, I think I can go 3:40. My speed and strength training has been consistent and I am now really recognizing my fitness level rising. I am injury free and the pounds continue to drop. It all adds up to a good opportunity at a fast marathon. However, I don't think this race will lend it self to that goal. Non the less, The work I am doing will help me in having a good trail marathon. It will also continue to build strength and speed for a faster marathon in the future.

All of this is a reminder to me to take care of the present moment. I know if I do that, the future will fall into place.






No comments: