Sunday, March 01, 2009

I have no idea what my plan will be

My training is going so well. I have shed 15 pounds in 6 weeks. I haven't missed a work out. Everything I am doing is quality. No Junk miles. I am moving toward a much improved marathon.

Now that I have establish a solid training regimen, I have to choose a race. Big Sur is not gonna happen. Nichole has had back issues and has been limited in her training as a result. So we decided to stay close to home and see the Dead in Philly. The Flying Pig is the same weekend as the dead and it is a week after my planned marathon week. So now we consider other races.

The trail marathon in Michigan is all trail running. It sounds really nice, but I am training for a road race. They offer a whole and a half. The cost is $35. It is right outside of ann arbor. Lodging should be easy.

Nashville Marathon. I have never been to Nashville. This is the center of the Universe as songwriters go. Seems a good idea to make a pilgrimage to music mecca and run my 10 th marathon. Cost is over $100 and I have no simple lodging plan.

The Glass City Marathon in Toledo. Flat road race. Out and back . Low cost. Close to home.

I have to toss this around with Zac and Nichole. We have choices that will keep my target date intact. I just have to pick one now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie,

I like your song, "Feed My Soul". You should check out Taxi - I can imagine this song on a documentary or other inspiring show on TV. I was searching about the Nashville, Country Music Marathon and saw your blog - good luck on your run there. BTW, you can check out, and perform at, the songwriters' nights while you're in town - find them listed in The Nashville Scene newspaper (also online). Please check out my video, "The Other Country Music Marathon," about the regular, everyday people competing in the marathon - it also has my original soundtrack music. Here's a link to it: http://www.douggriffinart.com/Video/NashvilleMarathon/NashvilleMarathon.html You can leave me a comment there if you'd like, and there are several more videos and a lot of original music and art too. Take care, Dg