Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Perseverance

Today I had finished my run and headed to the stretching mats. I ran into an old friend and who has an Ironman dream. She asked me what my best discipline in triathlon was.

This has always been an odd question for me to answer. I enjoy running the most. I am strongest on the bike, and my swim has been where I have improved the most. In addition, I tend to be ranked evenly in each sport. So it seemed silly for me to name one.

What I came up was perseverance. This is what I am best at. This is what really drives me.

Later on in the evening the President and a Biggest Looser ( as a fat kid that has to work his ass off to stay at a healthy weight, I get caught up in the show from time to time) contestant emphasized perseverances as a means of achieving goals and overcoming obstacles. I know this was the biggest factor in both of my Ironman finishes.

Perseverance can be an incredible force. I wish Mr Obama the best with his. May all of mine be available to his goals.

Steady on America.

No comments: