Saturday, January 31, 2009

Less tri More Folk

I am looking for a new way to recharge the blog. So this is the first posting to be linked to my Facebook page. I know that I will reach many more readers on Facebook with a wider range of interests/disinterests. So I plan to write more about music and random life stories in an effort to balance the focus of this blog. I will still write about triathlon and endurance sports, but I hope to not bore my non running friends with countless exercise abbreviations without explaining myself. I have a handful of Facebook friends that I could've known from either triathlon/running or music. I have many old friends from my youth that have found me on FB that have taken a similar athletic path to mine, some hope to, and some just think the whole endurance sport world is nuts. A lot of my friends want to know what is going on with me musically and have little interest in my intestinal discomfort during a recent race. My point is that I have a much wider demographic that potentially may read this blog, so I aim to "spread the wealth" a bit more in regards to topic.

I am sure that many of you that have followed my blog think I wander off track often. It is true. Eight hours on a bike tends to make your mind wander. I am never shy about writing down my thoughts on anything that I feel passionate about other than personal relationships. My mind sometimes bounces all over the place. In a very random sort of way. I use song structure mostly to keep me from chasing notes as though they were butterflies. I race becouse a finishline gives me direction in my fitness.

So Trifolk is now dedicated to less tri and more folk...............Happy reading.

3 comments:

Craig said...

Good idea to link your blog with Facebook. I need to recharge my blog as well.

triguyjt said...

charlie....where is the link???

I agree...it gets repetitive writing about runs or bikes..
..
good luck on getting the creative juices flowing on the blog

Lloyd said...

Thanks for the invite to AJ Roccos.

Looking forward to connecting ...