Sunday, January 25, 2009

All charged up and ready to roll

I has been tough getting the blog rolling again.

Last weekend I was busy with OS installations and hardware upgrades to my laptop. The thing is roaring now. It actually seems stable in vista. In Ubuntu, it is running amazingly smooth and fast. The graphics are awesome, and all in all I have my laptop running the way I would like it to.

After the New Year I just started training and haven't wavered from my base work. The CSU rec membership has been key in this regard. I go straight to the gym/pool after work and get busy. With the cold we have been hosting, it would have been difficult to maintain the same consistency with my former arrangements. At CSU I can go at my convenience without any additional commute.

I have been lifting/stretching, treadmill and outdoor running, plus trainer workouts, and most importantly I have been swimming with greater frequency. I can feel myself getting fit again and I am always eager to work out.

This all tells me how important the downtime really was. I needed a serious break. I took it, and now I am feeling very ambitious about the training. It is time to feel this way. Big Sur training begins next Sunday. Nichole is excited. I am eager.....So come on and let the good times roll!

1 comment:

triguyjt said...

game on charlie...