Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Adapting to the weather

Over the past few years I have had to take a bus to Notre Dame for 7:30pm lap swim. I always found it welcoming, but difficult to get to and from. On cold nights it really sucked walking from the pool 10 minutes to the bus stop on Cedar. Once at the stop, the wind would cut right through me as my skin was saturated from the swim. My choice not to do polar bear swims the last two years was based in large part on this issue. I leave myself open to illness with the pool commute. Why add to it?

Today I have changed this. I took on a community membership at Cleveland State University's fitness center. The pool is amazing and it is located along my bus line/Bike lanes. The buses come by every 7 minutes and the station is just outside the center. The rest of the center is brand new. My cost is very reasonable. This made to0 much sense. This new arrangement will make training much more accessible to me.

Just in the nick of time. The mercury is headed for 0 degrees this week.

1 comment:

JenC said...

I'm a member there - I love it! Maybe I'll see you some morning?