Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Race for a Reason

Almost two weeks since I received my handcycle from the Challenged Athlete Foundation. I have only missed one day on my new ride. Two workouts were on the trainer, but all the rest have taken me outdoors. This is the real treat. Being able to extend my boundries and exploring old running routes is such an amazing gift. Looking up through the trees and past the clouds, I am reminded of this big beautiful ball that we live on. Pushing up hills and digging deep to reach the top gives me so much joy. The thrill of cresting a hill before picking up speeds over 30 miles per hour gives me a rush I have not known since my injury. All of this has been made possible by a grant. My life as an athlete has been reborn, and my gratitude is endless.

CAF has invited me to help others realize the same freedom, fitness joy offered through adaptive sporting equipment. Race for a Reason is a charitable program they have set up to raise funds to continue their cause.  I have set up a page where you can sponsor my race(Twinsburg Du) and make a donation to this great organization.
Please follow this link Race for a Reason .
Thank you!

No comments: